Talk about a non productive weekend. I didn't get anything done that I wanted to.
We did take the boys bowling Sunday morning and they had a blast. Sadly until the 6th frame they were beating both Jeremy and I. I guess all that WII bowling really doesn't translate!
We also spent a couple of hours chipping the 3 inch layer of ice out of the driveway. We didn't get it all done, but it's better than it was. I am so ready for winter to be over with.
I made a couple of really yummy recipes this weekend.
For breakfast I made Jam and Cheese loaf. It is really good and I love it because you make it the night before and all you have to do it bake it in the morning.
Jam & Cheese Loaf
½ C warm water
1 pkg dry yeast
2 ½ C Bisquick
1 beaten egg
1 Tbsp sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ C sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ C jam (or more)
* Dissolve yeast in water. Mix Bisquick, egg, yeast mixture and Tbsp sugar. Knead for 20 strokes. Place in center of greased baking sheet. Roll to 14” X 9”
* Combine cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice
* Spread cream cheese mixture down center of dough. Make 3” long cuts approximately 1” apart down both sides. Fold strips over filling. Cover and chill overnight. Bake at 350₀ for 20 mins. Spoon jam down center of mixture and bake another 5 minutes.
Then for dinner I made Rachael Ray's Turkey and Stuffing Stromboli. I normally don't like her stuff, but this is really good.
Turkey & Stuffing Stromboli
1 can refrigerated pizza crust
¼ C Strawberry jelly or cranberry sauce
3 C shredded turkey breast
2 C stuffing
2 C cheddar cheese
* Preheat oven to 400₀
* Unroll pizza crust onto floured surface
* Cut into four equal pieces
* Spread jelly along the diagonal of each piece of dough
* Place turkey and stuffing on top of jelly
* Sprinkle with cheese making sure not to overstuff
* Roll opposite edges over so you have stuffing down the middle and sticking out each end
* Place on baking sheet making sure they don’t touch
* Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
The only thing I did different was make one big stromboli. It is a really good use of leftovers. I don't recommend using deli turkey meat because it won't shred or have the same texture as regular turkey breast. You can buy precut turkey breasts that you can bake or grill and they work great.
Hopefully this week is more productive than the wekeend!