Monday, February 11, 2008

New recipe

We tried a new recipe last night and it turned out really good. I have been trying to find ways to get veggies into the kids. They are pretty good eaters, but they could always be better.

The recipe is creamy chicken stir fry and it came from a Betty Crocker email.

Creamy Chicken Stir Fry

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts cut into strips(I used about 3 and it was perfect)
1 10.75 oz cream of celery soup (I would think about cream of chicken next time)
3 small heads fresh broccoli
2 C chopped carrots (I used carrot coins cut in half and they were the right size for the boys)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp soy sauce

Directions:
  • Spray wok with vegetable spray and heat over medium high heat
  • Add chicken and cook until juices run clear and liquid has evaporated
  • Push to side and add in veggies
  • Cook until crisp tender slowly mixing in chicken
  • In small bowl mix soup, garlic powder, and soy sauce
  • Pour over veggie chicken mixture and cook until everything is well coated and the sauce is warm

I served it over brown rice which worked good to soak up the sauce. I also used the Healthy Request soups so it wasn't so salty with the soy sauce.

We have been trying to do one new recipe a week. I am getting sick of the same old thing all the time. So keep your eye out for something new next week!

No comments: