Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snowy pics and a recipe

We got about a foot of snow last night. It is still snowing today, but luckily it is just light snow so hopefully it won't add up. The boys and I went out this morning to play, but they had a hard time walking around because it was so deep.


Cooper is on day 7 without his binky. I am hoping that we have finally turned a corner. I love seeing him without that thing in his mouth. Of course he talks non stop now, but that's ok. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth!


Cody's face says it all about how we feel about winter. We are ready for it to be other with. Cody doesn't like having to wonder if they will have school and I don't like having to deal with all the crap that comes with snow. I had so much snow on my car last night when I came home that it leaked from the garage into the utility room. I guess we have to add fixing that to the list of projects for this spring.


Here is the view from the road towards our house. As you can see most of the bushes are buried under all this snow.

Someone came and snowblowed our driveway today and I don't have any idea who it was. I wish I could find out because I would like to take something to them. That is not an easy task.

As promised, here is the recipe from our dinner last night. It is adapted from a recipe in the You on a Diet book. That one called for eggplant, stewed tomatoes, and no spices. It is really yummy and really healthy for you.


Pasta Provencale
Ingredients:
1 box whole wheat rigatoni
1 zucchini, chopped
1 squash, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 14.5 oz cans crushed tomatoes
¼ C parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Directions:
* Cook pasta according to directions
* In meantime, sauté zucchini, squash, and pepper in 1 Tbsp olive oil
* Once softened, add tomatoes and Italian seasoning
* Simmer until warmed through
* Drain pasta and add to tomato mixture
* Mix in parmesan cheese and serve

1 comment:

dg said...

I know you're sick of winter, but man, coming from a place with so little snow...your home looks so beautiful with all the white!