Tuesday, August 5, 2008

There are days that I wonder what else can happen during this pregnancy. I am pretty sure that I either really jammed my toe or broke it last night. I was walking around our bed and slammed my toe into the corner. It is swelled a little and black and blue tonight.

It made doing all my errands a little more painful today. I'm hoping it is better soon because I really don't want to walk around the amusement park with an injured toe.

Nothing much else is happening here. I haven't spent much time sewing because of trying to get stuff together to go. Plus hubby has been working a lot of hours this week. I made chocolate chip cookies to take to work tonight because they have been working so many extra hours I figured they needed a little treat.

I also plan on making monkey bread for breakfast tomorrow morning. Definitely not healthy, but oh so yummy. There are lots of different ways to make it, but here is how I do it.

Monkey Bread

1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
4 cans Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (they usually come in a four pack)
1.5 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters and place in bag. Shake to coat.

Place biscuit pieces into a bundt pan. Combine brown sugar and butter. Pour over biscuits.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 28-32 minutes or until golden brown and not gooey. Cool for 5-10 minutes in pan. Invert pan on to plate. Pull apart and enjoy!!

No comments: