Saturday, August 2, 2008

Not much to say

There isn't too much going on around here. I made 6 trays of baked ziti and garlic bread for hubby to take to work tonight. That was pretty much the excitement for today.

I did manage to get two rows sewn on the Christmas present quilt. I hate matching seams! It was a nightmare on some of them. Luckily I only had to resew two and they weren't too hard to fix.

I have become obsessed with Debbie Macomber books. They are nice light, easy reads. I'm not a big fan of books that make me think. I read for enjoyment and nothing more right now. Someday maybe I will get back into heavier subject matters, but not right now.

I finished Someday Soon by her last night after only two days of reading. It was a pretty good book, though the last section didn't really seem to fit with the rest of the book. It was almost like she finished and then decided it needed to be longer or something.

Once I get started on a book I have to keep reading until I finish it. That's probably why I don't read very often because I get sucked in and lose contact with the outside world. When I was younger I would hate to stop because I thought of books like TV. If you stopped reading, the story went on without you. It's crazy I know, but it's how I thought.

Now I am off to watch some fluff TV and head to bed. I have to find my kitchen again in the morning!

No comments: