Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My favorite jam


I love toast with peanut butter (or in our house sunbutter) and jam. Usually we just had strawberry or raspberry that my mom or MIL made. Then last April I went to a Taste of Home Cooking School and they made a Apple Berry Pomegranate jam that looked and smelled really yummy. Since hubby loves Pomegranate I figured I would give it a try. Oh my goodness it was heavenly. It made 5 small jars and we had it gone within a month. It has just the right combination of sweet and tart.



Apple- Berry Pomegranate Freezer Jam
Ingredients:
1 pkg (1.59 oz) Ball Simple Creations Freezer Jam Pectin
1 ½ C sugar
4 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples
½ C pomegranate juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 C crushed frozen raspberries (don’t completely unthaw leave a little frozen)

Directions:
* In a large mixing bowl, combine freezer jam pectin and sugar, stirring until evenly blended
* In a medium saucepan, combine apples, pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes. Lightly crush apples and allow to cool 15 minutes
* Add apples and raspberries to pectin mixture, stirring until just combined. Continue stirring for a full 3 minutes. Ladle ham into clean 8 oz freezer jars, leaving ½ inch headspace. Apply lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh I'm tagging this recipe in Delicious ... it sounds so good!