Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby crafts

Saturday morning hubby took the boys for the morning and I got so much accomplished. I have had this pile of things I wanted to do for the baby and I actually got most of them done.

Right now I am soaking the fabric for his blanket and waiting for the stupid other computer to run virus scan so I can work on his announcements. I know what I want to do, just have to get it to work out. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of them this week. I am still plugging away on the Christmas quilt, but right now I am getting frustrated with how slow it is hand sewing binding so I am taking a break for a few days.





These are little car seat blankets that I made. I wanted something warm, but small to wrap around his legs since he will be born during winter. I love how they turned out.



I have been looking for bibs that have terry cloth on the back for awhile and I haven't had any luck. So I decided to whip some up. I'm not sure I am loving the lady bug fabric, but it was what I had on hand at the time. I will probably make a few more before he comes.



Here is a little crocheted hat that my mom made for him. I want to make a few more because I know they will be needed here. I plan on getting some warmer ones too. I might even try making one out of fleece, but not sure if I will get there or not.



This is a breastfeeding cover prototype that I made. I love using receiving blankets as covers, but they were always falling down and with two kids climbing all over me I needed something that would stay put. I have to get some new receiving blankets and make a couple of real ones.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That's awesome! I especially like the breastfeeding covers. I'm so impressed that you can make up your own patterns. Very cool.