I am so tired. Cooper is sick and I've been up with him since around 3. He just couldn't get comfortable and we kept going from his room, to my room, to the living and then repeating the cycle. Thankfully he seems to be feeling better today so maybe we'll get some sleep tonight.
I am feeling the need for some serious chocolate today. I think I will make some brownies. They are way better than the boxed kind and take less time to make. YUM!
½ C butter, cut up
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 oz semisweet baking chocolate
1 ½ C sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 C flour
* Preheat oven to 350₀
* Grease 9X9 (or 8X8) baking pan, line with foil, grease foil making sure foil extends over edges
* In large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over medium low heat, stirring often
* Remove from heat and add sugar and vanilla
* Push batter off to side and add eggs. Lightly beat before adding to batter
* Stir in flour and salt
* Spread batter in pan
* Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out clean
The trick to these is taking them out of the pan immediately and using a pizza cutter to slice them. It works way better than a knife!