Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Craftiness


I didn't get around to taking pictures of my latest project last night because of boys and that thing called housework.


This is a view of my kitchen table. I got the idea for the decorated cake stand off the Rachael Ray show. They did it for fall, but I've done one for about every holiday and season. It is a neat way to add some decoration to my table without worrying about the kids getting into it.


I've made a few of these table runners for different seasons and I just love them. It is a modified version of a pattern I found on the Internet. I wanted something bigger for our table and with the help of my hubby this is what we came up with.


I printed off a picture of a clover and then just pinned the paper to the runner and sewed around the lines.




This is my first time hand sewing binding and it actually went a lot smoother than I thought it would. I love the speed of machine sewing, but the hand sewing looks so much better. I can't see myself sewing a big quilt that way, but for small projects it is a definite.

I am fighting the battle of the car seat covers tonight. I think I have worked out all the kinks. I still have to seam rip some stuff that didn't work last night. Hopefully tonight will be much more productive.

1 comment:

. said...

Wow, what a neat idea!