Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My baby is officially a Kindergartner. He was so excited this morning and was all ready to go in plenty of time. He spent most of the morning wearing his book bag and asking when the bus was going to come.

He even had to change shoes. He decided that the sandals wouldn't work and he needed to wear his fancy shoes (his sneakers, no idea why he calls them fancy shoes).

Here he is all decked out in his Iron Man gear. The bag looks so big on him, but he had to have it. Plus that size was the only one we could find that would fit his lunch bag and the folder he has to take.


Waiting for the bus. Surprisingly it was on time though the driver looked a little confused when he got here. Waiting for the bus is fine now, but I'm hoping by the time December rolls around he will be ok getting on and off by himself since I really don't want to have to bundle up a baby and stand in the frigid weather.


Cooper had some adjustment. He was excited to see the bus come, but didn't quite understand that Cody wasn't coming right back. For about the first two hours he kept asking when Cody was coming home. The nice thing was he actually took a really good nap which never happened when they were both home. He was a ball of energy when he woke up too.


He looks so small getting on the big bus. He could barely see over the window. The bus driver was really good though and seems nice.


He said he had a good day at school. We asked him what he did and he said that he didn't remember. Typical of him. Hopefully the teacher will send home some notes so we can at least have a clue of what is going on. I know he will never really tell us anything!

I did all right. It was a rough day all the way around. I was sad about him going to school, but very grateful that he was ready and willing to go. I would rather just be upset that my baby is in school then to be worried that he is a crying mess there.

The other thing that made today hard is some family stuff. My uncle Arnie died last Thursday and today is his memorial. I feel guilty about not being there because he was the uncle I was closest too. I know that the family understands, but it still makes it hard. He was a great person and while I am sad that he is gone, I am glad that he isn't suffering anymore and can fight with my grandpa in heaven about fishing and hunting.

No comments: