Friday, September 19, 2008

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth

I swear I am still around. It has been crazy busy around here lately. Between end of the season softball games (they lost, but still finished second), swim lessons, doctors appointments and sick kids I haven't had spare second to get anything done.

Both of the kids have been sick this week. Cody started on Sunday with a cough and then had a fever when he got up Monday. Luckily it was gone by Tuesday. He was not happy about having to stay home on Monday. Then Wednesday Cooper was miserable. He was just whiny and crying and just plain upset. It was a long day and night, but luckily yesterday he was back to his normal self. Hopefully no one else in the house will get it.

I did manage to get my christmas quilt basted. I found a new technique on You Tube that I was intrigued by. I don't know if I really like the actual basting part, but I love the use of boards instead of taping it to the floor. First of all because I don't have a space big enough to lay this quilt out and second because this pregnant body has a hard time getting up and down off the floor.

Here is the first part of the technique. You can find the other part on the side bar once you load the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA

I started quilting it today. It is going to take awhile, but I think it will turn out pretty nice. I am hoping to get some time to work on it this weekend, but we have a lot of stuff going on so not sure how that will work out.

No comments: