Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I have been thinking a lot lately about what type of job I would like when I decide to go back to work. I have a degree in public relations/speech communication, but I definitely do not want to be in the public relations field. I am glad that I took the classes, but I hate the actual job.

When I think about getting a job I really want something I am passionate about. I don't want to just do something to earn money (not that it is a bad thing, just not for me). After doing a lot of thinking and soul searching I've decided to look into being a child birth educator.

I loved giving birth to my children. I enjoyed learning about the process and just knowing what is going on in my body. I would love to teach other women about what is going on and how to get through labor and delivery the easiest way possible.

Right now I am just in the research phase. I know that it will be awhile before I am able to actual start working on getting certified, but I am excited to be at least headed that direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to practice on someone, I know a good guinea pig!