Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birth survey

1.Were your pregnancies planned?
The first two were, but the third was a definite surprise.

2. How long were you married at the time of birth?
Cody: 1 year 6 months
Cooper: 4 years 6 days
Colton: 6 years 9 months

3. What were your reactions?
I was excited for each, but nervous and scared in different ways. With Cody I was scared because he was my first and I had no idea what was going on. Cooper I was worried about how Cody would react and how I would handle two babies. With Colton I was shocked and just worried about how my body would handle it since I wasn't in the best health.

4. How did your spouse react?
He was excited for all three. He has always wanted 4 kids so it great for him.


5. How old were you?
Cody: 23
Cooper: 25
Colton: 28

6. How did you find out you were pregnant?
Cody I was feeling really tired, but we were in the middle of moving so I didn't think much about it. I took a test when we got settled and I realized I was late. Cooper we had been trying so I just kept taking tests until it was positive. Colton I had irregular cycles so I had no idea I was late. I took a test on a whim and was shocked it was positive.


7. Who did you tell first?
Jeremy all three times. Then the parents and sisters.


8. Did you want to find out the gender?
Heck yes. I am a planner and there is no way I could wait to find out.


9. Due Date?
Cody: September 26, induced and born on September 3o
Cooper: March 7, born March 15
Colton: December 1, born December 5

10. Did you have morning sickness?
Yep, all three times. It was horrible for the first three months.


11. What did you crave?
I craved french fries with all three. There were some random cravings, but mostly it was french fries.


12. What irritated you the most?
Anything and everything at times. I wasn't a very nice pregnant woman. The last time was the worst. You looked at me wrong and I would jump down your throat.


13. What was the child’s sex?
All boys.


14. Did you wish that you had the opposite sex of what you were getting?
Nope, I love my boys. I am sick of people asking if we are going to try for a girl.


15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
Cody: 35lbs
Cooper: 30lbs
Colton: 25lbs


16. Did you have a baby shower?
I had two showers with Cody and one with Colton.


17. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Nope, none during the pregnancy. I had some complications after delivery with Cody.


18. Where did you give birth?
Cody: Lawrence & Memorial hospital, New London, CT
Cooper: Wentworth-Douglas hospital, Dover, NH
Colton: Saratoga Hospital, Saratoga Springs, NY

19. How many hours were you in labor?
Cody: from start of pitocin to finish was 5 hours
Cooper: 3 hours
Colton: 6 hours


20. Who drove you to the hospital?
Jeremy all three times. Cody was induced so no big rush to get there. Cooper I didn't believe I was in labor so it was a shock and he will never let me forget it. Colton I had a doctors appointment and went to the hospital from there.

21. Who watched you give birth?
Jeremy and which ever doctor/midwife and nurses were there.

22. Was your baby delivered the regular way or by c-section?
Natural all three times.

23. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
Nope, none, nada

24. How much did the baby weigh?
Cody: 6lbs 11oz
Cooper: 7lbs 7oz
Colton: 7lbs 14oz

25. What did you name your children?
Cody Lewis
Cooper Frederick
Colton Dale

26. How old are your children today?
Cody: 5 years 7 months
Cooper: 3 years 1 month
Colton: 4.5 months

No comments: