Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sorry about not updating (LONG)

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Life has been very interesting and hectic around here lately and not always in a good way. I'm going to try and sum everything up in this post, but be aware it will probably be long and not always light hearted.

In March we found out that my dad has colon cancer. He had surgery in April and started chemo in May. It has been and continues to be a long road. He is doing as well as you can on chemo. We've been going down as often as we can which leads to a lot of travelling with three kids.

In April my uncle passed away suddenly. It was my mom's only sibling. It came as quite a shock and sadly we weren't able to be there for the service.

On a happy note I started my training to become a Lamaze certified educator. I attended a seminar in Buffalo the first part of June. It was awesome and I will dedicate another post to just that. Needless to say I am super excited about doing this.

Yesterday I found out that my dad's brother passed away. He had been sick for awhile and had some complications in the past week or so. It is hard because he is in Florida and no one had seen him for awhile. I'm glad that he is no longer suffering, but I feel for all of the family that is left behind.

Cooper was retested for his nut allergy yesterday and the results weren't good. He is still allergic so I guess we will spend the rest of our lives in a constant state of concern whenever he eats something or goes somewhere. I am grateful that it isn't something worse, but it is still a hard thing to live with.

On one other good note Jeremy is now on a day staff job! This means a consistent schedule and most weekends off. He will have to work a few late nights and a weekend here or there, but nothing too bad. I am so grateful to not have to do anymore night shifts.

Overall it has been a very rough 6 months or so. I am grateful for the good things and trying to deal with the bad. I am hoping to get better about updating my blog with some fun lighthearted stuff in the near future.

For those that are still reading, thanks for sticking around!

No comments: