Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Book Review

Recently I was asked to review the book "if your kid eats this boo, everything will still be okay" by Lara Zibners, MD.

I was excited to check it out because with three boys I figure I will end up in a situation where I don't know whether to it is ok to wait or head to the ER.

The book is full of really good information. It goes through a lot of the common (and some not so common) problems you run into as parents.

There are also chapters on airway, heart, head, eyes and ears, nose, mouth, throat, tummy problems, "the plumbing", body, skin, fever, allergies and bites, poison, bumps and bruises, and major trauma.

I like that she talks about newborns in a separate section because of their unique situations.

She covers everything from a minor little bump on the head to a major trauma and everything in between. I really liked that it was broken into chapters by parts of the body. It made it really easy to find what I was looking for quickly.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was the style of writing. It wasn't really talking down to you, but for me I didn't appreciate her brand of humor.

All in all this book is a great reference book for parents to have around. I would still go with your gut instinct in reference to your own kids, but this is a good book to have around just in case.

No comments: