Saturday, January 2, 2010

My poor neglected blog

My blog has been so neglected lately. The holidays really threw me for a loop this year. I just couldn't get into the holiday spirit. I was actually happy to take down the tree and everything. Very unlike me. It was a nice holiday spent with family and relaxing. The boys got spoiled terribly by "santa". I got spoiled by my husband with a Kindle. I am loving it. Reading is a big part of my life and the thought that he put into my gift meant a lot to me.

2010 is going a year of big changes for our family. Jeremy will be getting out of the Navy in July and where we go from there isn't known right now. We are going to be putting our house on the market in March. It is going to be a huge undertaking.

So because of the unknowns in our life right now I have decided to set monthly goals this year. I do have a few long term things, but mostly I am going to work month to month.

January's goals are:
  • Do all the tasks on my Motivated Moms list each week. I used this system last year and it worked well till I started to slack off. I really need to get and keep this house is show shape so this is a must.
  • Do everything on my monthly to do list.
  • Pack up all extra things. We are in serious declutter mode with the house selling. If it is a duplicate or not absolutely needed in the next 6 months it is getting packed up.
  • Work on my Lamaze certification. I have let it slide for awhile and really need to get back to it if I want to sit the exam in April.

I have some longer term personal goals, but I'm not quite ready to share them yet. I haven't worked out all the details yet.

I hope to post more on here with my progress and just tidbits about our life. I miss writing in here.

No comments: