Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recap on the past month or so

So life has taken over around here. I haven't had much time to sit still never the less write a blog post. I've had ideas floating around in my head for awhile, but I haven't had much luck getting them on on "paper".

So to recap the summer so far:

We've been travelling to my parents about once a month to help out and visit. My dad is still going through chemo. He is doing as good as can be expected. He is tired and the treatments make him sick, but he is getting through.

Jeremy's parents came out of a weekend and helped us do some work around the house. We put laminate flooring in the living room/hallway, new crown moulding, and baseboard. We also fixed the garage door and did a few other small projects. We are almost done with getting the house ready to sell.

Jeremy has been enjoying his day staff job. It is so nice to have him home every night. With all the schedule changes softball has been iffy at best. It was sad to have him not be able to play as much, but that's the way the world works.

I finished up my course design and handed it off for review. I haven't heard anything back and it's driving me crazy. I can't find a place to teach yet or a way to observe births, but I am trying to work on it.

Cooper is pretty much potty trained. It has been a trying experience to say the least. He is a stubborn child, but I think we finally broke through. That means he can start pre school in the fall. I am scared to death about that because of his nut allergy. I know that it will probably be harder on me than it will be on him. I am still trying to get everything set with them.

Cody is enjoying his summer break. I will be sad to see him go back to school. I love having him home. We've been going to the library a lot for their summer reading program. He is getting better, just needs some more practice.

Colton is growing by leaps and bounds. He has two bottom teeth and knows how to use them. He refuses to crawl because he hates being on his tummy, but he is an expert bottom scooter. He can get to things faster than you think. We've been trying to solid food, but he isn't too interested most of the time. I'm all right with that though since it is less work for me.

I think that covers most everything. I am hoping to be back to regular blogging soon. We've got some things coming up, but once September comes things should settle down. Of course then soccer, swim lesson, gymnastics, and school start so I guess it will still be hectic!

No comments: